Sunday, January 10, 2010

What day is it?

I love it when we catch moments of sisterly love forever :-)

The joy of being a mum on school holidays is not really needing to know what day it is. When others have or are returning to their daily grind, I get to take the day at a more leisurely pace. Sure it can be challenging entertaining children. But really, while the weather is good, it's not too tricky.

So today I didn't really look at the clock. We did a lot; housework, lunch at cafe, grocery shopping and lots of reading and mooching. Fabulous.

Personal achievement for the day........
I managed to spend only $160 on the week's food bill (normally for five of us it's up around $220). I am using the ingredients already in the pantry to create great dishes this week, I hope. I couldn't possibly do it every week but we are paid monthly so the last week of the pay cycle means scrimping and stretching. It's amazing what you can do if you plan carefully.

Being a stay at home means I have the time to plan these things for my family. We'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Ooh, ooh, ooh......I finished my third book. Onto the next one, it's VERY different from my normal read, but looks compelling. I'll keep you posted. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment! I love your feedback :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...